La Gondola in the Media
Recent Articles & News
- La Gondola was featured in the August 8, 2016 episode of NESN's Dining Playbook. You can watch the video here. (Marcello appears at 1:46!)
- Owner/gondolier Matthew "Marcello" Haynes was interviewed for the Wall Street Journal's July 1 article, "If You Fancy a Romantic Ride on a Gondola, You Can Have It... in Omaha," by Charles Passy.
- The fourth annual US Gondola Nationals event was featured in media outlets including the LA Times, theOrange County Register, the Coronado Eagle & Journal, and the San Diego Union-Tribune. Our gondoliers rowed their hearts out, and took home several medals, including 2nd place in the 4-man distance race (Marcello, Alessandro, Rafaello, and Amadeo) and 3rd place in the tandem distance race (Marcello and Alessandro). For your viewing pleasure, here's a video of the event from Lido Live TV. Andy's Arial Adventures also captured some super-cool drone footage.
See more photos, videos, and read the full rankings at www.usgondolanationals.com, and on the USGN Official Facebook page.
La Gondola Videos
La Gondola on the Web & In Print
- VacationIdea.com named La Gondola one of the "16 Best Things to Do in Providence."
- WRGB Albany, NY shared this "Road Trippin'" video about the best way to see the Renaissance City.
- Epicurean Traveler.com, "Experience a Gondola Cruise in America," by Jan Ross
- The Providence Journal: "A Touch of Venice in Providence," by Mark Patinkin (2014)
- GirlsGetaway.com, "New England Girls Getaway with Blount Small Ships." (2014)
- The Providence Journal: "A Few of My Favorite Rhode Island Things," by Mark Patinkin (2014)
- MoveTo.com: "21 Things You Need to Know About Providence Before You Move There." (2014)
- Travel + Leisure: "City Getaway - Providence."
- MotifRI.com: "Honeymoon at Home." (2013)
- WWLP TV Story: "Take a Stay-Cation in Rhode Island." (2012)
- Travel + Leisure's "America's Best Family Getaways." (2010)
La Gondola has also been featured in
- The television series, "Providence"
- The New York Times
- The Wall Street Journal
- Rhode Island Monthly's "BEST"